PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Org Chart

austenr
12-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have any experience building an organizational chart in EXCEL. Yes, I know Powerpoint is the preferred way but that is not an option this time.

cmpgeek
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I have done workflows in Excel and I am sure at one time or another I have done an organizational chart... Can you tell us what you are having trouble with and then we can try and help you find a possible solution...

austenr
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Just need a basic way to get started. If you have an example file could you post it? Thanks

NateO
12-27-2004, 02:31 PM
In XP, start by clicking Insert->Picture->Organization Chart. Autoshapes can work too eh. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

cmpgeek
12-28-2004, 05:52 AM
i have done them using the autoshapes... Of course - i just got Visio, but havent had the chance to stop and look at it yet to see how it works...

Zack Barresse
12-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Or Insert --> Diagam ..

austenr
12-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry been away for a while. What I wanted to do is find a way to populate the org chart programatically from a list of names in another workbook. It would be broken down as ex. John Smith President, where the name and title are in seperate cells A1, B1. The same would hold true for managers, subs and so forth. Sorry for the confusion.

ETracker
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
austenr,

Here is something that I did a while back, it is not to fancy, but once you set it up for your or. the names can be easily updated.

Anything can be done if we are willing to spend the time to create it.:bink: :yes

Hope this get you started.

ETracker
ET