PDA

View Full Version : question on 'Install or Uninstall ActiveX Controls (.ocx, .dll files)'

creutz
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
hello

I have a custom control, which when I register it with admin rights it shows up in Excel/VBA/Tools Reference and on a UserForm/Tools/Additional Controls.

But trying KBase 'Install or Uninstall ActiveX Controls (.ocx, .dll files)' with user rights, I can not write to C:\windows\system. Ok, so I tried writing to my %TEMP% folder which worked, but then my control did show up in Excel/VBA/Tools/Reference but not in UserForm/Tools/Additional Controls.

So, my task is to deploy a custom control (OCX) and get it programmatically added to a userform, is this possible.

rgds Anders

johnske
09-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I just noticed I haven't changed that entry (it was Win98 specific) try this (http://xlvba.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=62)

creutz
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
thanks,

but my problem unfortunately is not yet solved.
My users do not have rights to copy to or create in c:\windows\system32\.
And it seems that a control has to be registered from c:\windows\system32\ to be visible in Excel/UserForm/Tools/Additional Controls dialogbox.

I have to find a program that can compile a real DLL, perhaps it works better that way.

rgds