PDA

View Full Version : Select a list

bigjaker
10-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I have a large document with a bunch of lists throughout it. I have one particular list that I want to change to a different font size of 18 and Bold so it stands out a little bit. It is on a page with the text "Named Insureds". I know how to search for "Named Insureds" but I am unsure as to how I can select the entire list and the last paragraph mark in the list so the changes can be made. Sometimes the list is 20 items long and sometimes it is 1 item and then other times there might not be a list at all.

I would like to do this in a macro, if this is possible, I can do it by hand but with a bunch of documents that I will have to do this step to it will take a while. My list is double spaced with a check mark character next to each item.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jake

geekgirlau
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Can you attach a small sample document? It's much easier than trying to imagine the layout.

fumei
10-05-2007, 04:24 AM
You should use a Style and a Bookmark. Then it would not matter where it was, it would not matter how long it was. You not have to search for any text at all.

Badda bing, badda boom.

bigjaker
10-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Fumei, I wish I knew how to do this. If it is as easy as you say then tell me what I need to do. Or if you could point me in the right direction to get more details I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Jake

bigjaker
10-05-2007, 06:38 AM
I would love to attach a small file to show what I have but my file size is too large so it is not allowing me. I have a free service that we use from time to time with large files. I have a link to my file below.

http://www5.sendthisfile.com/d.jsp?t=ZmXGhld2gTE8arkPI8J4Vr26 (http://www5.sendthisfile.com/d.jsp?t=ZmXGhld2gTE8arkPI8J4Vr26)

Thanks Jake

fumei
10-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Ummm, have you tried attaching here as a ZIP file. That is the normal way. I can't image the need for a huge enough file that you can not post it here. I looked...but did not download... your file. It seems to be 42K, too big as a .doc file, but NOT too big for a ZIP.

In any case, I am attaching a demo, that may....or may not be, what you are talking about.

It simply changes the style.

Click the icon "Make It So" on the top toolbar. It will toggle the second list to 16 and bold, or back again.