PDA

View Full Version : code to copy the contents

sindhuja
10-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Hi All,

CAn any one help me out .......

I have a file named consolidate.xls where i want to copy datas from a folder named survey which contains >5 excel files without opening those excel files....

I searched and got the macro... it works fine if my survey folder is in the local drives c: D:, This does not work it i give the path of folder in the shared point drive....

your hep will be highly appreciated.....
very urgent.... also i have attached the sample excel files...

Thanks,

Sindhu:doh:

lucas
10-08-2007, 07:47 AM
What does "does not work" mean?
Do you get an error...if so what is it. Does it just fail?

Are you sure you have your path correct and have permissions?

sindhuja
10-20-2007, 07:46 AM
hi,

I do have permission to access the share point.... if i give url as input its showing me the error mesage... if the input is from local drive it works...

I am not sure why..?

Charlize
10-23-2007, 01:24 AM
hi,

I do have permission to access the share point.... if i give url as input its showing me the error mesage... if the input is from local drive it works...

I am not sure why..?Can you map your network location to a driveletter (if it's only you who's going to use your creation). ie. \\serverx\location\another (file://\\serverx\location\another) mapping to an available driveletter starting from Z. Then you can use Z:\ instead of network adress. Just an idea.

sindhuja
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up !
I will give a try and keep in touch for further assistance....

sindhuja
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi Charlize,

I tried mapping network location, doesn't workout.
Is ... i am facing this for a long time.:banghead:

Please help me out...

Regards,
Sindhuja

sindhuja
01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi Charlize,

Saved upto 5 rows by runing the macro once,
If i run again, i want the data to be appended in row 6.

can you please look into this.

-Sindhuja

Charlize
01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Charlize,

Saved upto 5 rows by runing the macro once,
If i run again, i want the data to be appended in row 6.

can you please look into this.

-SindhujaI'm not going to guess which routine you have used. It would also be good if you provide some testdata to import. That can even be a sanitized version of you datafile that you want to import.

And comment your code. Most of the time I'm pretty good at guessing why someone has written something the way they have done, but sometimes it's not really clear what they want to achieve.

Charlize

sindhuja
02-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi Charlize,

Can you please help me out..
i am not sure how to attach the files to the threads... so that i can attach the sample files that in need of...

-sindhuja