PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Scroll Sheet Whilst Userform Active

RECrerar
10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi,

What is it I need to do for a user to be able to move around a worksheet while a userform is being displayed. They don't need to be able to edit the sheet, although it's not a problem if they can, but it would be nice if they could just scroll it so they can see any part of the content they wish.

Thanks in advance

PS. I know this is on here somewhere but for the life of me can't find it, so sorry if this is a repetative question.

lucas
10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
showmodal property of the userform set to false

RECrerar
10-11-2007, 09:12 AM
thank-you

RECrerar
10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmm so if the showmodal property is set to False the execution of the rest of the code does not stop when the userform is displayed. Is this correct?

So If I wanted them to be able to access the worksheet and still pause the code until a selection is made on the userform I would have to put the userform as the last item in a sub and then call another sub containing the rest of the code from the userform?

I can do that but will be annoying, is that the only way to work with showmodal = false userforms?

lucas
10-11-2007, 09:36 AM
So If I wanted them to be able to access the worksheet and still pause the code until a selection is made on the userform........

do you mean make a selection on the sheet?

RECrerar
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
do you mean make a selection on the sheet?

No. Basically I have a sheet of data from which the program automatically picks the item it believes is the most appropriate. I just want them to be able to be able to scroll up and down the sheet so that they can review the available items so they confirm if the program has selected the correct one. They don't need to make a selection of the sheet or edit it (the sheet) in any way (and infact it would be better if they couldn't, but not critical), I would just like them to be able to move it if possible

lucas
10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
have the program stop after it's made it's selection.....let them look....click a button to proceed...

I have to admit I don't know what you are trying to do.....can't see over your shoulder....could you move over a little?

RECrerar
10-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Ha ha, sorry my screen is very small, it's hard not to obsqure it all - Why won't they give me two monitors!

it's kinda long winded to explain exactly what I'm doing. the long term goal is to automate some Finite element analysis we do, the FE program can interface with the Excel VBA. this particular part looks up the appropriate flange details that need to be used by part but the part number, but the form the part number is in can change depending on whose entered it. The program will search for the part number, if it doesn't find an exact match it will show the userform giving the options of close matches that the user can select from or enter new details if none of the parts are correct.

I think stopping the program and restarting could cause me issues so have decided not to bother with letting them move the screen but instead have activated the cell of the appropriate part reference and highlighted the line so that then can see it easily and it will always be on the screen. I keep getting carried away with features that would be nice but aren't esential and since there is a lot of esential stuff still to do I really should be getting on with that instead.

Sorry if this isn't a full explanation but really not sure how much info I'm allowed to give to people outside the company before someone comes and shouts at me, and I don't really want that to happen.