PDA

View Full Version : Word doc embedded object

IRish3538
10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, this is kind a of a weird, specific question and I've had no luck researching it on my own. I have a wb that has an embedded word doc inside it and I have a macro that uses the word doc to generate a report. It works fine, but for some reason, with an embedded document, once edditted, the doc automatically saves itself upon closing. So if the user generates a report, then closes the doc and tries to generate another report, it copies next to the now-prefilled word doc. I hope I'm not too confusing... anyway does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any idea how to fix/work around it? Thanks so much for the help!

lucas
10-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I would avoid it by copying the data from excel into a Word template that is already set up:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=436

IRish3538
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah... that's how I have it set up as is, but my wb is going to be used by several people so i figured the less files the less margin for error. Thanks for the input! I kind of figured that it wasn't going to be a viable option.

lucas
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
You can also set up a hidden template sheet in Excel and copy it and use it for your report each time....I find there is little you can do in Word as far as generating reports that can't be done completely in Excel....