PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Multiple Users input updating Master

Nurofen
10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi,

Is it possible for a number of users having there own worksheet which they update and inturn a Master Sheet else where it updated as they enter data?

Thank you for your time

Nurofen

Nurofen
10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
hi,
Searching a way on the internet I found this

First of all Linking the workbooks is not what you want....first create a Master
Workbook, then give each department their own workbooks Name the main workbook as Master
and the individual ones as the deptartment that they represent for example Human Resources.
In the Master Workbook name the first sheet the same Human Resources in this case.
In cell A1 of the Master type in the formula

='[Human Resources.xls]Sheet1'!A1

Name sheet 2 in the Master as the name of the
next department....Accounting for example...='[Accounting.xls]Sh... use the pull handle
to pull the formula across and down the Master Worksheets as needed then when they enter
in information the next time you open the Master it will all update....now you can do one
of two things store them both on the server but make he Master Hidden and restricted to
your login give them access to only their department workbooks using their logon access
ask IT about helping with that and viola your done. No linking....formulas work better
for this.

Hope this is helpful to others

Thank you for your time

Nurofen

cavacuz
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Nurofen!

Have you tested that way? Doesn't create a very large Master File?

If you have found other solution, please post it.

Cheers!

Nurofen
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi cavacuz,

I have tested that way but it seem that sometimes it want update and to keep checking what anothers have entered is back to square one as they say.

Sorry I have not yet found another way, still looking but if I find anything or any information you can be sure I will post the details.

Nurofen on the search