PDA

View Full Version : holiday form for employees

northernstar
10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
hi again...nothing for a while then two at once....just like buses

i have created a spreadsheet to record and monitor employees' holidays and sickness and it works quite well except for the following problems:-

a) when changes are made because its quite a large file it takes a while to save and close?

b) when i need to add an employee it is a little long winded as i need to create a new sheet and then copy over the formulae changing the name of the sheet in the formula, and change which columns need hiding or showing as the department has now an extra employee - hope this makes sense -
would like a quick and easy way to add/remove employees and adjust the range of columns which need to be shown or hidden for each department - can i do this my naming the range? going to try it now

would appreciate any help or comments which would improve

i will need to email the file to anyone who is interested in looking at this for me as the zipped file is 706KB to big to upload on a thread

please let me know if anyone would like the file

thanks

Bob Phillips
10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
b) Create a template sheet with all of the formulae, formatting etc.

Then when creating a new employee, copy this over.

northernstar
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
not quite sure what you mean here, but i need to try a few things and i will let you know how i get on

thanks for your help once again

northernstar
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
i have named a range, how do i hide the columns in that range

tried

range("mechanical").entirecolumns.hidden = true

thanks

Bob Phillips
10-31-2007, 01:05 AM
range("mechanical").entirecolumn.hidden = true

northernstar
10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
yes i tried this which works fine, except which i insert an extra column it changes of the ranges, if you know what i mean