PDA

View Full Version : Hi Its just me

pcollins
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Just wanted to intoduce myself.

I am a mechanical engineer, I do instrumentation work. I just decided to make a macro to automate a few tasks to avoid human error in the process and decided that I really like VBA.

I hail from Almost Heaven West Virginia but unfortunately live in Maryland because thats where the work is. I got my BS and MS from West Virginia University.

Nice to be a part of the forums.

malik641
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey pcollins, welcome to VBAX!

Avoiding human error is a daily chore for me, and I've learned that programming is a great way to avoid human error.

How do you like being a mechanical engineer? I am in school now and I recently switched my major from mechanical engineering to computer engineering (I was debating the switch for over a year).

Hope you enjoy this forum :)

pcollins
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I like being a mechanical engineer, but my job really isn't a typical mechanical engineering job. Its really a multidisiplinary job that leans toward electrical engineering the most.

Brandtrock
11-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Just wanted to intoduce myself.
Nice to get to know a little about you.

I am a mechanical engineer, I do instrumentation work. I just decided to make a macro to automate a few tasks to avoid human error in the process and decided that I really like VBA.
Having graduated from Iowa State, I have quite an appreciation for engineers in general and ME's in particular. Most of you guys have forgotten more about math than I ever knew. :bow:

I hail from Almost Heaven West Virginia but unfortunately live in Maryland because thats where the work is.
I hail from Is This Heaven? No, It's Iowa. but live in Arizona as we followed my wife's career out here.

I got my BS and MS from West Virginia University.
I get a lot of BS from MS as well. :doh::doh:

As I said before, I graduated from Iowa State University having earned a bachelor of arts degree in Accounting with a minor in Economics. So I did chew my share of dirt in the calculus books, just nothing compared to the load a Mechanical Engineer has to bear, although I'm sure that you could find an equation for the ME's load bearing limit for math. :rofl:

Nice to be a part of the forums.
The internet forums available for help in just about anything are great as a general rule. VBA Express is one of the best for their knowledge, demeanor, and professional approach. The members also like to have some fun along the way as well. Welcome to the party.

pcollins
11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Nice to meet you Brandtrock, some cool links in your siggy

Brandtrock
11-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks.

TheWhiteSeal
05-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi everyone...1st day on here so just saying hello to all!!!!!