PDA

View Full Version : Populating Combo boxes

Slicemahn
11-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have a list of sales people segmented by region and I would like to select a region from one combobox and then have a second combobox populated with all the related sales people within that region.

Here is some sample data:

Central Diane
Central Ali
Central Sam
Central Conrad
Central Stephen
East Lisa
East Yvonne
East Dahlia
East Erica
East Monifa
East Manuella
West Terry
West Mark
West Daniel
West Duane
West Amy
West Jannah
West Boyd

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can tackle this problem is appreciated.

Slice

lucas
11-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Slice,
Not enough info.......
On a sheet or on a userform?

Slicemahn
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry. That major detail eluded me at the time of posting. It would definitely be on a sheet.

lucas
11-04-2007, 10:26 AM
See this website for a solution:
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter
look for this item close to the top of the page.

DV0044 - Dependent Cell List Multiple Offset-- Select a name from the first dropdown list, and the dependent cell's validation list shows only products for that name. Select a product, and the third column's validation list shows only the items for that name and product. Based on a lookup table sorted by name and product

Slicemahn
11-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Lucas thanks for the info. Is there anything that would help with using the combo box control instead of a data validation list.

lucas
11-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Slice,
I personally don't like to use controls on the actual sheet.....clutters up everything and if you're going to use controls you might as well make a nice looking application using a userform with your comboboxes....just my opinion. I don't like even putting buttons on the sheet except for testing, etc.

Slicemahn
11-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Lucas thanks for the info. Is there anything that would help with using the combo box control instead of a data validation list.