PDA

View Full Version : Large size user form

sujittalukde
11-05-2007, 05:23 AM
I have made a long user form and as a result the last three fields are not visible on running the user form. I tried to get it by setting its zoom size to 75% but it does not look good and also letters are very small. What I have to do so that all the fields will be visible at 100% zoom size?

sujittalukde
11-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Tried this code but no scrollbar is showing on running the form-

Me.ScrollBars = fmScrollBarsHorizontal
Me.ScrollHeight = 10000

Bob Phillips
11-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Post a workbook?

sujittalukde
11-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Here it is

TonyJollans
11-05-2007, 06:51 AM
You say you have a *long* userform - that suggests to me that you want *vertical*, not horizontal, scrollbars.

Norie
11-05-2007, 06:56 AM
And it suggests to me that it might be an idea to redesign the form.:)

Do you really need a textbox capable of holding more than 50 characters for the Financial Year?:dunno

Same goes for Assesment Year, Date of Challan and basically the rest.:)

sujittalukde
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks But tony how to use the vertical scroll bars I tried but that doesnot work. Perhaps it needs some codes.
Also Norie, I need more than 50 characters for the textbox NAme of the Company but not for others.

TonyJollans
11-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Me.ScrollBars = fmScrollBarsHorizontal

Use, instead, ...

Me.ScrollBars = fmScrollBarsVertical

sujittalukde
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks , but still nothing visible I think some more code llines are required.
Instead of using the code I have used to set the scroll bar from form property as follows:
keepscrollbarvisible: 2-fmscrollsbarsvertical
scrollbars:-2-scrollbarsvertical
scrollheight 700
Now the scroll bar is working but with mouse click only. If I use mousemiddle button( ie mouse scroll), scroll bar does not move. What I have to do now to keep scrolling with the mouse?
Attached new file with above adjustments.

TonyJollans
11-06-2007, 01:42 AM
The scrollbar works.

I agree the scrollwheel doesn't work - maybe they just don't in UserForms, I don't know. I have never tried using it before and not everything reacts to scrollwheels so if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and there isn't much I can do to help.

It is relatively rare for people to create userForms that scroll and it might be worth looking at other design aids (tabs, perhaps) to avoid the issue.

Norie
11-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Also Norie, I need more than 50 characters for the textbox NAme of the Company but not for others.
So why not take up my suggestion and redesign the form?

sujittalukde
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks Norie, but this I need for other forms also where I cant redisgn the form .
In my last post I have attached the file where scrollbar is working but mouse wheel is not working.How can the same be made workable? Any suggestion will be of great help.