PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How do I create a PivotTable from data in a worksheet?...

Lester
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Hello again,
I'm trying to create a simple 2x2 pivot table (or whatever would be appropriate, possibly a 'report'?) based on some of the columns in the worksheet 'Sheet 6' attached, but I'm really struggling, even with the Excel-Wizard's help.

The 2 rows need to be 'Labour' and 'Consultant' (as in the 2nd worksheet 'Attempt at PivotTable').
The 2 columns need to be 'Cost' and 'Sales'.

The cells within the table need to show the 'sum' for that particular combination e.g. Labour/Sales cell should show the total of all Labour/Sales rows on worksheet 'Sheet6'.
There should also be a 'Total Cost' and 'Total Sales' at the foot of their respective columns.
That's quite a lot to ask, on the face of it, for which I apologise.

In my defence, I have tried the Wizard several times using the row/column/data 'drag-and-drop' toolbar offered by the wizard, but the layout is never how I want it to be!
If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.
Regards
Lester.

herzberg
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but here goes. Check out the attached workbook. It's basically a summation of the figures in the original sheet.

Lester
11-06-2007, 02:48 AM
herzberg, that's essentially what I was looking for. There's a few more calculations I need to add to it (margin, margin as a %), but this really helps.
Thanks very much for your help.
How did you do this exactly? Did you create a PivotTable?
Regards
Lester

Lester
11-06-2007, 03:41 AM
@herzberg...thank you - I figured out how you did it. Regards, Lester.