PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Barcode Help

Emoncada
11-20-2007, 06:36 AM
I created a simple form with a TxtBox that a serial number needs to be entered. Is it possible to have a image box next to that and when the serial number is entered a barcode is created on the Form with whatever the serial number is? So if the Serial number is "CNC126487S" Then the barcode would be created based on that entry. Any help would be great.

unmarkedhelicopter
11-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Yes it is possible, but you need a barcode font installed, you 'may' have optimisation issues say if it's EAN 128 encoded as you may have to have a routine written to do it (there may already be a VBA version out there).
Why do you want a barcode on a form and thence on a screen ?

Emoncada
11-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Well the form is a Test of the certain equipement. So when they scan or enter the barcode from the unit and save the form the barcode will print out on the form so the next person can scan it right off the sheet and not the unit. I was able to get a barcode call 3 of 9.

unmarkedhelicopter
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Surely that will only work if you print the form ?
I was able to get a barcode call 3 of 9. ... and ... is that a font ?
Do you want to store your barcode with that ?
Does it read back the same with your scanner ? (not all will do but sometimes the difference is just the optimisation I talked about before).
If so set a lable on your form to that font and update the value with the scanned barcode value.

Emoncada
11-20-2007, 09:51 AM
It's a font yes. I was able to make it work the way I wanted it to. I created a lblBarCodeSN and made that equal TxtBoxSN. On Change and it worked Good. Thanks for your help.

aspbarcode
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I tried the barcode add-in or plug in for excel and it works. you may have a try. You could change barcode type and barcode properties easily using the parameter setting panel.

david miller
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes, I agree with upper replies. Your question can be easily solved if you are willing to operate this in a MS Excel spreadsheet with a barcode generator add-in. Recommend your a website called BarcodeLib.com.