PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE HYPERLIck

alan6449
11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
hi.im newbie using vba.i need to create a userform that consist "browse" command and able to put desired folder that consist information.The desired folder need to able link the information in excel by hyperlink the data in cell.i attached my excel file.

alan6449
11-22-2007, 11:19 PM
can anybody help me.plz

JimmyTheHand
11-23-2007, 03:32 AM
It's unclear what you want to achieve. Can you give more details?

alan6449
11-23-2007, 04:00 AM
i would to design code that update the hyperlink everytime user change the folder.like we assign userform,that user need to key in the folder that consist information at(C:\Documents and Settings\asrul\Desktop\AP note).later all hyperlink data(C:\Documents and Settings\asrul\Desktop\AP note\Ap_Notes\A004R.pdf).so that whenver user change folder like E:\Documents and Settings\asrul\Desktop\AP note) and the hyperlink data in cell also will be like (E:\Documents and Settings\asrul\Desktop\AP note\Ap_Notes\A004R.pdf).Is it possible.i need help.plz

JimmyTheHand
11-23-2007, 04:35 AM
The attached example shows how to change all hyperlinks in a worksheet.
(You need a somewhat different approach if you want to change only some hyperlinks)

Hope this helps

Jimmy

alan6449
11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
TQ for ur kind reply and attachment.can u tell me how to run this file,because i always get error and need debug.thank again

JimmyTheHand
11-26-2007, 12:02 AM
When I posted the attachment, the two hyperlinks were pointing to

file:///D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\deskto.ini
file:///D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk

When I downloaded it now, I found they were changed to

file:///C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/deskto.ini
file:///C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Windows Update.lnk

I don't know why or how it happened. Anyway, my code was searching for "\" at the end of hyperlink addresses, and found none, so it went to error. I rewrote the code, so that now it probably will not go to (this kind of) error anymore. See the new attachment below.

Jimmy

alan6449
11-29-2007, 05:52 PM
TQ jimmy.my problem is in every cell pointed (hyperlink) to different folder. I have lot data on main folder and got lot sub folder.

JimmyTheHand
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Alan

If someone is a newbie, it doesn't matter here. But if someone can't tell exactly what he wants, now, that is a problem. In this case we can only make guesses about how the desired solution should look like, and if we make the wrong guess, it costs us a lot of unnecessary work.

So, for us to better understand your needs, please answer the questions below, by selecting one of the available answers. If you select 'Other', please try to explain what that 'Other' means.

Question 1. - How many worksheets are involved?
A. Only one.
B. All of them.
C. Other.

Q2. - What is the pattern of the cells with hyperlinks?
A. They are all in the same column, and each cell in this column contains a hyperlink.
B. They are in two or more different columns, and each cell in these columns contains a hyperlink.
C. There is no pattern, the cells with hyperlinks are randomly scattered over the worksheet(s).
D. Other.

Q3. - Do all hyperlinks point to files on the computer?
A. Yes, they all point to files.
B. No, there are hyperlinks pointing to websites, too.
C. Other.

Q4. - How many, and which hyperlinks need to be changed at the same time?
A. One hyperlink, which is in the active cell.
B. One hyperlink, which is in a certain cell, for example $F$8.
C. All hyperlinks of the worksheet.
D. All hyperlinks of the workbook.
E. All hyperlinks in a certain column.
F. All hyperlinks in a certain range of cells.
G. All hyperlinks that point to the same folder.
H. Other

These are my questions for now. I think I will have more, depending on your answers.

Jimmy

alan6449
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
tq jimmy
Q1. All of them.
Q2.here is no pattern, the cells with hyperlinks are randomly scattered over the worksheet(s).
Q3.Yes, they all point to files.
Q4.All hyperlinks of the workbook.

alan6449
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM

alan6449
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
anybody can help me