PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Template Bookmark Disappears after Document is Saved

jasoncw
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I have a template with a bookmark "NewRow" at the end of the file, which is used to insert a new row at the end of a table. This works just fine. However, the problem is that when the template is opened, once the file is saved as a document, the bookmark disappears. Is this normal?

I have attached the template, which has the bookmark in it, and a document, which was created by simply saving after opening the template, and the bookmark is gone.

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

lucas
11-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Why do you say the bookmark is gone. This is a screenshot of your test.doc which I just opened and went to insert bookmark. Looks like it's still there to me.

jasoncw
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, maybe this is something crazy going on with my PC again (it has happened before). What is happening is that once the file is saved, the bookmark has disappeared (see top half of attachment). Now, if you exit Word, then open the file again, it reappears (see bottom half of attachment). I assume this is a glitch on my PC?

lucas
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't know Jason.
It is there for me if I create the new document1 from the template before I save it.
It is there after I save it.
It is there after I close and re-open it.

jasoncw
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks for checking it out, Lucas. It looks like it is once again an issue with my PC (or my antiquated Office 97).

Jason

jasoncw
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Update: I checked it out on my home PC (with Office 2003), and the bookmark stays, so it must be either my PC, or Office 97. Thanks again.

Jason