PDA

View Full Version : Assigning data to text box

jon_iam
01-19-2005, 01:19 PM
I have a database I use to track certain items. Overall i might have 300 items to check, but I split these items over 3 years. I have a query that I can pull up the count of those items each year. What I would like to do is show a report of items done by month within a given year.

So, I have 12 text boxes on the report. If I only did items in June, then I would have some figure in the corresponding text box to show that in June I checked N items.

I thought I could use the Select Case function, but I'm getting an error message on one of my fields. I have a date field that I reformat in a query to show me only the first three letters of the month. This is the field I'm trying to look at with the Select Case. The error message I get says it can't find the field even though Access recognizes it.

Can anyone explain this error or suggest a way to sort out my data into monthly slots? I appreciate your attention to this.

SJ McAbney
01-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Can you post your code?

Norie
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Can you not use a Totals query and group on the expression that returns the month?

flavo
02-18-2005, 05:19 AM
jon_iam,

Can you post your table structure please.. Have you tried basing a report on a cross tab query. Using the cross tab query wizard makes this easy as pie!

Dave :-)