PDA

View Full Version : Excel VBA crashes

CruellBuell
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Hello out there,

I have built some VB code to manipulate data . For maintenance purposes I hav put the code in one workbook, and the data and buttons referring to the macros in another.

On windows this works fine (from win95/office 97 up to XP / office 2003)

Running the same pair on a MAC (Office 2004 for Max, OS 10.4) results in a crash. not immediately, but as it seems as soon as the code containing book saves itselves.

from then on it just starts up ans crashes on every action that calls a macro.:banghead:
When in debug mode, is suddenly (meaning at unknown event) states "Data invalid" won't show the VB code anymore and crashes on next occasion

simply opening the book on windows ans saving it solves the problem, for a while...
(books stored on a network drive, but local copies suffer the same problem)

it looks as if the code is overwriten?

: pray2: HELP anyone with a hint (or solution )

I didnot place code, since there is a lot of code, and no specific place where it crashes. When in debug mode, it just does not start up the code window, it simply crashes and restarts. if one opens the code pages then it looks truncated, or it states "invalid data" and stops on every action.

There are no event handlers active in my code.

tpoynton
12-06-2007, 07:03 AM
If you cant post the code, can you post a sterile workbook? I can pretty safely say that no code to review will greatly diminish your chances of solving the problem.

shades
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
It would be surprising to work on Excel 95.

But even more, if it works on XL 97, then that is the same code base as VBA for Mac, and generally what is written to work on XL 97 can work or be adjusted to work on Macs.