PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Indicators

Tenspeed39355
01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I am using an indicator named RSI. RSI tells me if a fund is at a low MKT price.
Here is what I have done so far. In Book1, Sheet1,A1 I can enter a fund symbol.
I then do a copy in A1 then go to Book1, Sheet2 and enter Past Special, and link. I go back to Book1, Sheet1, B1 and do a link to K30 which is the RSI number. When I type in a new fund symbol in Sheet1,A1 the symbol in Book1,
Sheet2 changes to the new symbol and the RSI number in K30 changes and puts
the new number in Sheet1,B1. All this is what I want. Here is the problem I can
not slove. I want to put a number of fund symbols Sheet1,A1,A2,A3 and so on.
How can I get the RSI number to change when I do a pull down in B1. Is there a
way to get the RSI in K30 to change and put the new RSI in each symbol. Thanks in advance. I hope this makes some sense to you.
Max:yes

Ken Puls
01-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Max,

Any chance you could upload a sample workbook? I don't quite follow where you're at.

Tenspeed39355
01-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I have never uploaded to vbax. Please explain and I will send you the ss
Max

Ken Puls
01-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey there,

If you use the "go advanced" tab to post your reply (not just the quick reply), you'll see an "additional options" box under the main "Reply to thread" window.

Click the "manage attachments" button, and you'll get a window where you can upload your file. It must be in a *.zip format though, so you'll need to either use winzip to do it, or if you're on Windows XP, just right click the file and choose to send it to a compressed file.

Cheers,

Tenspeed39355
01-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I have sent the attachment as a zip file.
Max

Ken Puls
01-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi Max,

I just had a quick look at your file, and it seems that there is some missing info.

On sheet 1, column C, you use a (user defined?) formula: =xlqhClose($A$1,B2) This is just returning a #Name? error here.

I don't really need have the formula working for that one, just the values would help, as it will help me follow along to see what numbers are supposed to show up in what place. If you could copy the column, then do a PasteSpecial (values) over top, then zip up the file and post it, that would be helpful.:yes

Cheers,