PDA

View Full Version : VBA Training Levels 2 and 3

Djblois
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if VBA express ever thought about an intermediate and Advanced level for VBA courses. I looked at the course you have here and it is too easy for me but an intermeidate and advanced course would be useful. Also, I have not found any courses anywhere on intermediate or advanced VBA. Even books are hard to find on the subjuct.

Daniel

figment
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
sorry miss post if some one can delete this please do

Bob Phillips
12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
WE have had many discussions about this and the big problem is defining what is intermediate and what is advanced, and then building a course around those subjects, and then getting people to pay for it. I heard someone say recently that ?50 for one of Bill Jelen's Power Excel suminars was expenisve. Yeah in the age of the ?2 shirt it is, but not when considering how much time and effort goes into, and the return the delegates (should) get from it.

Do you think classes are basic, intermediate or advanced? How much would you poay for 1 hour's tuition?

Djblois
12-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I would pay up to $150 dollars for intermediate and advanced courses. That is $150 each.

Daniel

P.S. then maybe you can set up a special price for people who buy multiple courses. If someone buys 2 you get it for 250 and 3 you would get for 300. Just an example.

Or if it is hard to figure which is intermediate and which is advanced then setup seperate courses based on topic. Examples:

1) Objects
2) Looping
3) Working with the Registry
4) Building bullet proof code
5) Arrays
6) Form controls and code
7) Building a intuitive interface
etc...

Bob Phillips
12-13-2007, 11:48 AM
$150 per hour, or per topic, or the the complete course? If the first, then maybe, depending on the numbers. Second, perhaps, again, depending if even more would sign up. The last, forget it, the numbers wouldn't make it worthwhile to do anything other than a rudimetary coverage (just like the commercial courses) which is defeating the point.

And your list immediately raises part of the problem. I would never have a topic on working with the registry in a VBA course, that is more windows than VBA, intutive interface is more cognition than VBA. The rest seem quite logical, but again I ask, which category do YOU put them in.

Not wishing to batter you on this, but it is very ifficult to deliver.

Djblois
12-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify the 150 was for the each course. Also, the list I put up was meant for individual courses, and maybe charge $40 a piece for each one so the use only learns want they want. And for the registry I meant, using VBA code to manipulate the registry-I know that this topic may be too small for one course but it was just a quick list.

Bob Phillips
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
No, I understand, but I hope I am getting across that it is a hard goal to achieve, and the remuneration hardly makes it viable. Unless someone wants to do it because they want to do it, then I can't see too many takers.

Djblois
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I understand but I hope someone one day might take it on.