PDA

View Full Version : Pasting CSV File

sooty8
12-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi All

Scratching my head with this one -- I receive several Emails every week in CSV format for example 5042,WM10562,507,1107 - I copy and paste into Excel ColA do Text to Columns no problem then run a macro to search the 20 sheets to find part 2 above (WM10562) and it then inserts 505,1107 into the first empty columns on the row it finds the WM10562.
the problem when using copy and paste no way will it work, tried all the different formatting options in Excel. If I enter the info manually into the cells it runs no problem -- over 400 lines in most of the Emails its a pain in the butt entering everything manually below is the macro that Figment helped me with earlier this week.

Sub Macro566()
Dim b As Long
RowCount = 1
With Sheets("Sheet1")
Do While .Range("C" & RowCount) <> ""
ID = .Range("C" & RowCount)
Val1 = .Range("D" & RowCount)
Val2 = .Range("E" & RowCount)
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
If sh.Name <> "Sheet1" Then
Set C = sh.Columns("A:A").Find(what:=ID, _
LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not C Is Nothing Then
A = 1
While C.Offset(0, A) <> "" And A < 253
A = A + 2
Wend
C.Offset(0, A) = Val1
C.Offset(0, A + 1) = Val2
End If
End If
Next sh
RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop
End With
End Sub

Any help much appreciated

Sooty8 :banghead:

Bob Phillips
12-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Sorry, I don't get it. Can you post a sample workbook, with an example of the results?

sooty8
12-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Hi xld

I have just tried it in a new workbook with just 4 sheets and it works perfectly with copy and paste no problem -- I just don't understand it -- not working in our office workbook -- Unfortunately I dare not post the office workbook ( lose my job -- to much sensitive data in the file) Just a question could it be that the ID Number is sometimes on several sheets in the workbook?? and it is rejecting everything out of hand. Thanks for your help will press on this afternoon and have another try. will let you know if I find a solution, perhaps its clashing with something else in the workbook code.

Regards

Sooty8

sooty8
12-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi XID

After a very non - productive afternoon the only thing that I can come up with is entering the ID Number WM10562 manually and then it works OK - trouble is got 420 ID Numbers to enter manually off the latest Email.

Regards

Sooty8