PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Mobile Tariff Plan Monthly Spend Comparison Tool

joakimjensen
12-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Mobile Telephony Spend Calculator (Comparison)

Problem 1
1. I have a big table of data (hereinafter INDATA), where each row is unique. (representing tariff plans)
2. I have a big number of calculations that takes in different data from 1 unique row at a time and in the end returns an ENDVALUE. (hereinafter VARIABLES for calculation) All calculations are related to eachother.

My problem is that only know how to do these calculations for one row at a time.
I want to be able to perform the same calculations on all rows in INDATA and present all the results in a sorted list.

Problem 2
The calculations described above is in the end returning a value (representing a monthly mobile telephony spend = ENDVALUE)
This ENDVALUE is a result of:
- USER INPUT (variables that describes a calling pattern)
- INDATA (table where each row is representing a tariff plan)
- multiple calculations returning VARIABLES for calculation

I want to reverse this calculation so that given an unique row from INDATA (tariff plan) and an ENDVALUE (monthly spend) I will get the minutes of use (MoU) (one of the variables from USER INPUT)

Problem 3
I then want to use this MoU (minutes of use) value to calculate the ENDVALUE (monthly mobile telephony spend) for all other tariff plans.

All help is hugely appriciated!

figment
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
This is a masive project, you should consider braking it into smaller parts when asking for help. but here is some thing to get you started.
being that all your equations where on the Variables sheet, this is the only sheet i edited.

joakimjensen
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks figment!! Good stuff.
Problem 1 (almost) out of the way. Still missing is how I would list the output in a sorted list that updates everytime I change one of the USER INPUT variables.

figment
12-14-2007, 07:14 AM
your going to have to be more spacific about what outputs you want listed, and where you want them listed.

unmarkedhelicopter
12-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Cross posted at JMT http://www.puremis.net/excel/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1197565766

This is obviously a commercial application for someone who is trying to sell phones/contracts/airtime as such you should approach a commercial developer as you do not have a specific problem we can assist you with, you want something you can use to make money.

Your cross posting does not endear you either !