PDA

View Full Version : CAREER DEVELOPMENT IN PROGRAMMING

nkechifesie
12-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi all,
I work as a Radio Qos Engineer and do some programming using VBA and Visual Basic. I have just started learning Unix and have had my hands on Oracle( Introduction to Sql).
I love programming very much and am at my best whenever am programming but am a little bit challenged on how to develop myself in this area. I would love to know a lot of programming languages, to be a guru in all if possible. How to go about it is my challenge.
I know we have a lot of guru's on this site, as i have posted a number of my problems which were solved.
I would love you to learn how you made it to where you are.
I hope I posted this in the right place.
thanks for your response.

OTWarrior
12-18-2007, 02:52 AM
I am far from a guru, but I would suggest getting yourself on as many training courses as possible, and get yourself a good collection of books (books with tutorials for older version of VBA are alot cheaper, I got word 2000 vba for just ?2)

the training course are especially a good idea if you can get your employer to pay for it. Problem there lies in you have to have a valid work reason for learning the language.

Otherwise, just read up as much as you can, get play with the various programs and see how it all works. I learnt alot of how to write for excel and word just by recording a macro of what I wanted to to.