PDA

View Full Version : SearchWord

HI005P
12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I had downloaded a module from VBAX submitted by "mdmackillop" that allows you to search for a key word in Excel. The search results are returned to a newly created worksheet named "FindWord". The results are listed and hyperlinks added pointing back to the cell(s) the text appears in. The process works fine except for the hyperlinks. The keyword(s) results are in blue and underlined as if they have been assigned a hyperlink, but when you click on the link a error pops up with "Reference is not valid." Can anyone suggest what adjustments are needed in order for the hyperlinks to work.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

lucas
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
This should be the kb entry:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=780

Are you trying to use it as an addin or are you trying to customize it to use in your workbook as mentioned in item 5 of the how to use section of the entry?

HI005P
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
As-is. No mods whatsoever. Do you have a email address that I can forward the XLS file?

Thanks,
-Hank

lucas
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
post it here Hank. After you click on post reply scroll down below your message and look for manage attachments.

You may have to post a couple of extra posts as I believe you need five posts before you can attach files.

HI005P
12-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Please see attached XLS. You can execute SearchWord via button on top.

Thanks.