PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint 2000 dlgSaveAs Problems

ToonArmy
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I have a userform in Powerpoint 2003 that asks the users to save thier documents with a specific naming convention. This works perfectly with Powerpoint 2003 but alas our network still has many users on Powerpoint 2000. I tried to use the same code in Powerpoint 2000 but a portion of it will not work. The probmatic element is the SaveAs dialog box will not open.

The code used in Powerpoint 2003 is:

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogSaveAs)
Dim dlgSaveAs As FileDialog
Set dlgSaveAs = Application.FileDialog(_
Type:=msoFileDialogSaveAs)
dlgSaveAs.InitialFileName = FN 'FN is entered by the user
dlgSaveAs.Show
dlgSaveAs.AllowMultiSelect = True
dlgSaveAs.Execute
End With

The problem seems to be that Powerpoint 2000 does not recognise the above items.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Andy Pope
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Have a read of Shyam Pillai page.
http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00043.htm

ToonArmy
01-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Andy,
Sorry for the delay in any response.
Firstly thanks for the link. I have however tried this and although the Save As dialog box opens it does not action the save function when you click on the save button (nothing happens) (I have modified the code so the message box does not show)
Grateful for any other ideas?

Regards

Andy Pope
01-03-2008, 04:17 AM
That would be correct according to the instructions on the page.

ProcessSelection merely determines the filename that was provided and displayes it in a message box.

In the example the information is simply displayed.
You would need to use the SaveAs method with the filename provided via the dialog.

ToonArmy
01-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks again
I have managed to input the filename into the Save As Dialog box and save it to the desired location. However I have a userform which forces the user to save the file to a certain namining convention. Do you know of any way to insert this into the FileName box on the SAVE As Dialaog box ( I only manage to show the origional document name)
The code used for this in 2003 is below

dlgSaveAs.InitialFileName = FN 'FN is entered by the user

Many Thanks

Andy Pope
01-03-2008, 07:56 AM
That property is only available in the later OM.

I do not know of a way to set the filename prior to displaying.

Is the filename convention such that you even need to ask the user what to save as?

ToonArmy
01-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Andy,
Unfortunatally the file name needs to be transfered to the FileName box in the SaveAs Dialog box.
The user form has drop down boxes for the user to insert the file version, classification and the date is added automatically. The user is prompted to add a file title and the final format is as follows:
YYYYMMDD-Title-Version-Classification
The user then select a Save button the user form and this opens the SaveAs Dialog box. From here the user can navigate to the correct area on the electronic file plan and save the document. This is why the FileName in the Dialog box must represent the filename created from the User Form. Developments have made this possible in Powerpoint 2003 however if it is not possible in 2000 then I will have to convince my boss that it is time to update my 1000+ users to 2003.

Regards