PDA

View Full Version : Solved: manipulating other applications

philfer
12-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello,

I have to use sendkeys to work with a different app as I dont know the object model and the other app is old and rubbish!!.

When I open the other app (using shell) how do I switch between it and excel i.e. I have to copy a page move to excel and paste it, then go back to the other app move to the next page, copy it then move to excel and paste it and so on.

The second part of my question is whether this can be done with two non-MS apps i.e. copy a page in the reporting system move to notepad and paste it, move back copy the next page, then to notepad and paste it. Is this possible as well.

If so how? If you know please include as much information as you can as everything would be very very appreciated

philfer
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I have to use sendkeys to manipulate a different app as I do not know the object model and the other app is old and rubbish!!!

My question is can I open the app using Shell, then get the macro to wait (i.e. using a message box which the user can press "yes" when ready) so that the user can open a report in the app (as there are no shortcut keys and this has to be done manually) and then use sendkeys (for the shortcut keys) in the report window for the other app to copy and paste the page.

If I can get it to wait will excel know that the shortcut keys I am sending are for the newly opened report page?

Please help and give as much info as possible, even if you think it is too basic, s I need all the help I can get. Much appreciated

lucas
12-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Threads merged to reduce confusion