PDA

View Full Version : "Insert Function" Dialog Box Control

MrRhodes2004
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Below I have some quick code to open the Insert Function Dialog Box. But I would also like to programatically have it select the proper category and function. This I don't know how to do. What I have below is an example of what I would like to select. I just want to select the items. I do not want the code to 'press ok' so to speak but just select.

Sub OpenFunctionList()

'Opens "Insert Function" Dialog box
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Insert").Controls("Function...").Execute

'Select a Category ???
'code here to select "database"

'Select a function ???
'code here to select "dget"

End Sub

Thanks.

mikerickson
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Another way to call the box is

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFunctionWizard).Show the Help system says that it has no arguments, but I'm not so sure.

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFunctionWizard).Show 1 results in a differnent appearance. But my fiddling hasn't come up with anything useful (yet).

I'm wondering, if you know the category and the function that you want to insert, why use the box?

rory
12-28-2007, 06:41 PM
If you know the function, then populate the activecell with a dummy version of the formula and then invoke the dialog - it should go to the formula chosen.

MrRhodes2004
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
I have a user toolbar built via an add-in. I have user defined functions that I share with others. The function dialog is for the user to help them understand the UDFs available so that they can use them in more complex equations.

Some of the functions are run directly from the toolbar and asks the user for input. But there are a handful that I do not want to do that for.