PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tab Function in UserForms

MACaPaCa
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I really hope someone can help me on this. I am usually PC based and have been happily creating Word templates using VBA for years. I'm now creating some templates in Word:Mac 2004 for the first time. I have created a very basic UserForm in Visual Basic Editor with four TextBoxes, however, when you run the Form the "tab" key will not move the focus into the next textbox. The tabstop is set to True for all four TextBoxes and the TabIndex is set 0 through to 3.

When I run the same template on my PC it works fine.

Am I missing something?

Any guidance hugely appreciated!

mikerickson
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Yep. Useforms suck in 2004. The tab order is backwards. I have to write KeyPress routines for my textboxes to emulate the proper functioning of the Tab and Enter keys.
2004 is generaly less stable than 98, errors that would cause 98 to throw an error, make 2004 crash/quit. Errors in a Userform code or Class module won't throw an Err, they'll just kill Excel.
(Plus they changed the appearance of the whole thing. Pale blue is not a good color for highlighting text.)

If you want to post the Userform code, I'll take a look at it and see what I can see.

Oh, I forgot to mention that modeless Userforms are not supported for Mac. Neither is the RowSource property. But a ListBox.List will take a bulk load from an array.

(Excel 2004, OS 10.5)

MACaPaCa
01-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Mike
Thanks so much for this. I'm pleased its not just me! I will experiment with KeyPress routines but will come back to this forum if having trouble.

Many thanks!

shades
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
And if you decide to move to Office 2008, there will be no VBA at all.

mikerickson
01-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Does anyone have exerience with Excel 2007 on Windows via Bootstrap?

shades
01-17-2008, 06:59 AM
I assume you mean Bootcamp? I have read stories about speed tests and it is as fast or faster than any of the PC tests. As far as I know it works flawlessly. There are also three other softwares to compete with Bootcamp: Fusion, Parallels, and Cross-over with debates about which is the best environment.

I hope to buy a new Mac laptop in the next few weeks and will be using Bootcamp for running the Office for Windows.

mikerickson
01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
FYI, I got a MacBook for X-mas and 10.5's Spaces feature interferes with Office 2004.

shades
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you going to upgrade to Office 2008?

mikerickson
01-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Probably not. I think I'd get better milage out of the Bootcamp/Excel2007 configuration. (The scripting dictionary and regular expressions looks like such a neat tool.) I'd rather put up with the ribbon, than loose VBA. (hmm..that means I have to buy Excel2007 AND Windows, I wonder if MS thought about that when they went away from VBA in 2008.)

shades
01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, apparently XL 2007 might be the last (or second last) version to support VBA on the Windows side. Everything is moving to .NET. On the Mac boards I have followed discussions about other langauges that could be cross-platform (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.). Obviously, for any kind of MS Office on the Mac side, there will have to be an alternative.