PDA

View Full Version : Button to copy buttons

mike0123m
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I am working on a checkbook spreadsheet and so far I have all the typical columns of a checkbook on the spreadsheet (date, description, etc.) and next to each entry I have a button that when checked will highlight the row after that particular check has cleared (it's a lot more useful than putting a checkmark next to the check number once it has cleared). What I would like to do is create a button at the top of the spreadsheet that will copy the button that highlights the row and paste 10 additional buttons below the last row of the spreadsheet that contains a transaction. In other words, once the first 10 rows of the spreadsheet are filled, pushing the button at the top will paste 10 additional buttons below the last inputted entry. Each of the pasted buttons will then be able to highlight that particular row that it is next to. I tried doing this with a macro and some conditional formatting but the same buttons were pasted over each other instead of after the last row in the registry. Is there a way to make this happen??

lucas
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Any reason it has to be a button....couldn't it be a checkmark in an actual cell?

mike0123m
01-05-2008, 04:50 AM
It can be a check mark in a cell just as long as I can copy and paste it 10 times along with the code to highlight the row it is next to.

lucas
01-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, how about if you just click on the row and it will be highlighted?

see attached.

Carl A
01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
This is a modified version of Lucas checkmark.zip here:
http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11859&highlight=checkmark

HTH: