PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Compare two spreadsheets and seperate the unique ones

nvnazeer
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I have two spreadsheets(attached in one excel file as seperate TABS) titled "ADSB Purchase" and the other "CMN Purchase". Please write a VBA code that compares these two and then extracts all the rows containing "CMN Part No." found in both spreadsheets in two seperate Tabs based on the spreadsheet it is extracted from. Similarly I need the code to extract the rows containing "CMN Part No." which is not found in the other spreadsheet into two seperate Tabs, based on which spreadsheet it is extracted from.

Thanks

Nazeer

nvnazeer
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Just a small clarification. Please note that the spreadsheet attached contains only the extract from my original spreadsheets which have several thousands of rows containing data. Therefore the code should not be limited to the number of rows in the spreadsheet attached with my earlier post.
Thanks for the support

Nazeer

nvnazeer
01-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Please help me with this one.

Thanks

Nazeer N.V

Aussiebear
01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Are you sure this project of yours is not one more suitable to a vba coder on a commercial basis?

nvnazeer
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Dear Aussie bear,

I thought this was just a simple formula or code you experts can give. I have read guys asking for more complicated stuff on this forum. If you feel that this is to be done on a commercial basis. Please do not respond. As for others who believe that they can support me, please help if you can.

Thanks

Nazeer N.V

anandbohra
01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Dear Aussie bear,

I thought this was just a simple formula or code you experts can give. I have read guys asking for more complicated stuff on this forum. If you feel that this is to be done on a commercial basis. Please do not respond. As for others who believe that they can support me, please help if you can.

Thanks

Nazeer N.V

I think u r missing Politeness in your wording.
Just to remind u here we are to share knowledge & help other by solving their problem.
U have neither subscribed to this forum nor its members.

& better read the rules before posting.

I hope that u get your reply soon as I am also on it.

anandbohra
01-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I refered your workbook.

Pl give example of the answer in your mind

like u have given us the problem in 2 sheets now give us the type of solution & the way u want the answer with one or two example to let us proceed with the same.

like u mentioned CMN Part No. 20100000071 found in both the sheets.
4th record in sheet ADSB Purchase & 15th record in CMN Purchase
now what to do???

in new sheet how u want your data to be presented????????

give me answer with the example based on the above CMN part no. so we can proceed with the code.

CMN Part No.

Aussiebear
01-21-2008, 01:33 AM
G'day nvnazeer,

Thank you for the personal invitation to respond to your request. I shall attend to this matter as soon as I can climb the lofty heights of your status.

nvnazeer
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Gents,
Iam sorry and apologize if I have ruffled some feathers here. It was totally unintentional. Please accept my apologies. Thanks for all the help and support ( especially Xld).

Nazeer

nvnazeer
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Anand,
Please don't take the trouble of answering my post.

Bye

Nazeer

anandbohra
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Anand,
Please don't take the trouble of answering my post.

Bye

Nazeer

As u wish dude.

Keep writing such language & soon u find not even a single post in your thread. :hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

Aussiebear
01-22-2008, 03:39 AM
uhoh.... Now I've gone and done it. :hide:

To all the forum members, I too wish to apologise for my behaviour. It was not my intention to chase a fellow forum contributor away.

nvnazeer
01-22-2008, 04:11 AM
Anand,
With all respect to other Forum members(including Aussiebear) and VBAX itself, I would like to state that with guys like you in this forum(who try to interpret the language and make it into an issue) I do not intend to post in this forum again. So there is no question of there being no single answer in my thread.
Does that satisfy your reply.
Though I have apologized, your intentions are not clear when you keep looking in this post and replying again about bad language even after I have stated that this is solved.

Good Luck in discouraging other forum members!

Aussiebear
01-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Hang on there.... Anand initially pointed out that your reply was lacking in "politeness". He was in all respects simply a bystander as your comment was directed at me. For a bystander to comment on the perception of lack of politeness then its more than possible that your writing style truely reflected the intent of your post. Please do not shift the responcibility for what you wrote to another person.