PDA

View Full Version : Protection on a shared workbook

redrabbit
01-19-2008, 05:45 AM
Hi,

Im hoping you might be able to help with a solution that I have been searching for a while now. Im currently building a spreadsheet and want to share the contents on a local server so people and edit and save as they please. Some of the spreadsheet is protected some columns are editable for user input. There are filters on the top of each of these columns.

I have managed to protect the cells that I want,and also unprotect cells that must be populated,by following the tutorials on posts that I have read. I have also managed to setup the Share workbook function,but this is where I get a problem. On a protected shared workbook, when I try and access the excel document on my local drive from another computer, my autofilters dont work.

In one of the columns, it has names for desired people to filter down which leads for people fill their desired rows. The autofilter doesnt work on protected shared workbook :banghead:

I was thinking,is it possible to protect cells in VBA so that the filter might work?

The other way i have though is to use conditional formatting which works but for those with Excel knowledge it can easily be taken off so would perhaps prefer something in the background and locked.

Anybodys guidance or knowledge would be most grateful.

Red