PDA

View Full Version : Link Outlook & excel to get date/time and subject

ashishd2004
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I have many folders created in outlook. I keep on receving mails in outlook in the inbox and then I move these mails to the respective folders created in the outlook itself.

Then I have to open each and every mail and update the date/time of the mail in the A column and the Subject of the mail in the B column of a excel file.

Is there a way which can automate this process with the help of some macro in excel or any other way. (I Think a macro can be useful)

Also when I run the macro the popup of the outlook but come up and give the option of selecting the folder as i have many folders created in the Inbox. Also can duplication be avoided i.e. If the date and subject of a mail already exists in the excel file it must not copy that date and subject again but only copy the date and subject which does not exists in the excel file.

Hope I have not complicated things here...:doh:

Thanks... :help

Bob Phillips
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
On the second point, just drag it to the target folder.

ashishd2004
01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry but i am not able to uderstand what u are suggesting me. How can I drag it...

sindhuja
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi All,:hi:

This is what even i am looking for, but with slight modification.
As soon i receive an outlook e-mail with specific subject line i need to capture the time i recieved that particular mail..

Regards,
Sindhuja :friends: