PDA

View Full Version : A Solution To Digital Cert Not Working

Oorang
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Hello All,
Recently I was doing a project and received the error "There was a problem with the digital certificate. The VBA Project could not be signed. The signature will be discarded." after I signed the file and tried to save it. I googled the error and found plenty of work-arounds but I couldn't seem to find any posts on what was actually causing it.

I decided that the project must be corrupt so I start to create a new file with the old code and I still received the error. So I began eliminate the modules one by one to see if I could sign and save.

Sure enough I tracked it down to one module. So I brought it back and repeated with each procedure, then I repeated with each line until I found the problem child.

My project had need of certain strings I wanted stored in an obfuscated manner so I had a big long line of colon-chained numerical constants. And I had one line that was exactly 1024 characters long. I broke off the final constant and moved it to a new line and Viola! Signed and Saved.

I don't know if this will be everyone's issue, but it fixed it for me, so I thought I would pass it along.

Hope it helped! :hi: