PDA

View Full Version : VBA Help freeze!

BGM
01-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Greetings all!

Perhaps this has happened to yall too, and perhaps someone knows how to solve it (short of closing everything and restarting Word):
When I summon Help from VBA (just clicking the icon in the menu!) Help opens up but the tab-panel on the left is frozen. I can't click on it and the cursor turns to a resize-cursor. The other side works however. What is wrong? When I restart Word, all is well. But it is really a bummer to have to stop in the middle of intense concentration!
I would be most appreciative if someone can help!

BGM

fumei
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
I have noticed some weird things (sort of like that) with Help once in a while. Word 2002. You do not state what version you are using.

"When I summon Help from VBA (just clicking the icon in the menu! " Do you mean the:

Microsoft Visual Basic Help F1

item in the menu? I so rarely get to Help that way, and I use Help a LOT.

Do you get the same effect if you get to Help by typing a question/word/phrase into the question box - the one at the far right of the menubar?

BGM
01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello again, Steve! Thanks for answering.
I am using Office 2000 on an XP. Yes I am using the F1 help: I didn't know there was anything else, and I have no question box in the far right corner...
Also, I found that I have to do more than restart Word; I have to reboot... Then it works for a while and then it doesn't.

Thanks.
BGM

fumei
01-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I am a bit confused. Are you talking about Word Help, or VBA Help? In the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) there should be a question box at the far right on the menubar. Actually, there is one in Word itself as well.

Actually, my name is Gerry, not Steve. The Steve is a quote....from Steve.

BGM
01-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Dear Gerry,

I am talking about VBA Help. There are no question boxes either in Word OR VBA. In fact, I've been using Word for years and never saw one. I've been using VBA for a few months and never saw one. I hope you're not talking about the talking paperclip: I banished him a long time ago.
Nevertheless,

BGM
01-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Dear Gerry,

I am talking about VBA Help. There are no question boxes either in Word OR VBA. In fact, I've been using Word for years and never saw one. I've been using VBA for a few months and never saw one. I hope you're not talking about the talking paperclip: I banished him a long time ago.
Nevertheless, I ran a "detect and repair" from Word and it seems to work now. I am intrested in a question box though!

Thanks for helping; I do appreciate your time.
-BGM

fumei
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
How odd. I have never seen a VBE without the question box.

BGM
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Strange indeed! Now, I am using Office 2000... I did notice on another computer with Office 2003 that they had a question box...

mdmackillop
02-06-2008, 05:59 AM
I never found the cause, but I suffered the same problem a while back. To get rid of the freeze
1. Control Alt Delete
2. Processes
3. Delete all instances of MSOHELP.EXE

You should then find VB Help is available.