PDA

View Full Version : Setting up OE to show 4 e-mail addresses with sub folders

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I need help (step-by-step) as I'm a novice. I sure hope this is the correct Outlook area to post this, if not please advise where I need to post it.

I have OE set up, but I need 4 e-mail addresses set up individually on the left where the folders list is. I do not want a sub-folder under what's called main identity. I want a separate identities & under each identity add the sub-folders I want (in-box, trash, sent messages, etc.-which I know how to do)...it's just getting those separate identities set up so I can see what e-mails have messages. (Before I had a 100% windows crash & when I use to have Windows 98se, & when HotMail could be imported, this was fine-now can't use HotMail & I now have Windows XP[ugh] & can't get what I had before).

I am using HotMail right now & am trying to get away from it & use my current ISP (they don't have extra storage avail. for 1 of my e-mails that gets lots of large mail) & they stated for me to use OE.

If you can tell me step-by-step instructions on how to set up one of these identities without it being a sub-folder under main identity I'd be very greatful...reading the self-help is over whelming & I don't understand some of it & not sure if it's what I need or not (not really set up real clear for novices).

Thank you

Brandtrock
02-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Outlook will allow multiple accounts to be set up, but I don't believe Outlook Express will. I could be mistaken though.

HTH

cmpgeek
02-02-2005, 06:39 AM
I have 4 seperate email accounts importing into OE - 2 of which are Hotmail and i am also using WinXP...

i am not at home right now, but i can try to walk you through it from memory...

click on Tools -> Accounts.... This should bring up a window that has several tabs: All News Mail (possibly one more)...

click on the Mail tab... you should see the main identity listed... off to the right of the window you should see buttons for ADD REMOVE EDIT and a couple others...

click the ADD button... this will open another window and will take you one step at a time through the process of adding a new account. When it is done, there will be the list of folders for the main identity, but there should also be a new set of folder for the new account you set up...

as i said, this is from memory as i dont have OE here at work; but i will check this thread when i get home tonight and see if you still are having difficulty... if so, then i can definitely take you through it step by step...

i hope this is able to help you a little...
good luck...

Brandtrock
02-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Outlook will allow multiple accounts to be set up, but I don't believe Outlook Express will. I could be mistaken though.

HTH
"It is better to remain quiet and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I stand corrected. :doh:

Gotta go :rtfm:

:biglaugh:

cmpgeek
02-02-2005, 11:17 AM
i'm just excited that there was a question i could help with LOL...

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
OK, I know nothing about Outlook - is it a by subscription, or do you set it up like you would Outlook Express? I have the icon & that's all I know about it.

Thanks for your reply

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
CMPGEEK - I checked my OE & I have all 4 of my accounts in mail & in all. But on the main page, to the left they are not listed separately. I can synch them & they all go in to my main identity, but I really prefer not to do this as one of my e-mail accounts I have to stay right on it as much as possible & if it gets a new message I need to get to it right away.

While you're home tonight can you check this out for me? Thanks a bunch!

mj

cmpgeek
02-03-2005, 09:40 AM
sorry i did not see this until just now - mine are all seperate on OE so i will check tonight and make sure of the steps...

i know it can be done... i have had 4 emails and 3 different newsgroup servers all listing seperately...

btw - i see you are in Tennessee - anywhere near GA? if i cant figure it out here i can always come there and fix it LOLOL
:rofl

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Yes mam - I'm close but I'm in western TN. I love Helena - it's one of my favorite places to go & see beautiful country (but of course TN is prettier - HA) & relax, shop, have fun, then we go to the lake & eat. Just plain nice. Otherwise, for short trips we have numerous places here - I like more of the off the beaten path areas - like Bells, TN - lots of antiques shops & the best homemade ice cream & homemade waffle cones in the world...also can get some down home cooking & some weird burger we ate (ugh) - it's some bird's meat. But, it's a layed back area. But Franklin, TN is great for antiques/or what-knots too & numerous places to eat. Of course, then there's Gatlinburg, but to really see the area & see the shops/rides, etc. (Pigeon Forge right next to it that has huge shopping areas - cheap & expensive - & rides & food too) you need to stay at least 10+ days. Then there's some really nice state parks. But we mostly like to just roam middle TN the most & stop at little grocery stores, shops, etc. that no one ever means to go to. Have a topical map so we can take all the little roads. We been in all the counties in Tenn & if I remember correctly it's 97 counties.

Tell me about GA

Thank you for looking this up for me.

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
OOPS! Not Bell, TN it's Bell Buckle, TN

cmpgeek
02-04-2005, 07:14 AM
i honestly dont know much about Ga... I have been to Helena once and absolutely loved it as well... We go to Commerce every now and then to the outlet malls, but not very often... I can get to the Airport in Atlanta and to SixFlags right outside of Atlanta, but i dont brave the downtown area...

i have driven through Pigeon Forge once on my way to Knoxville but we didnt stop... the one place i REALLY want to go to is Cherokee NC... we drove through there as well...

as far as all your email accounts listing under the main one, when you look at the table on the left hand side there should be little expland/collapse boxes next to each identity and folder... if you click on all the ones with the minus symbol in them do you end up with only lsting - that one being the main identity? The others will also show up on the left also, but when everything is collapsed there should be a line for each identity...

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
02-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Try Ashville, NC - the Biltmore - get there when the doors open & they'll be pushing out out when the doors close. Cherokee is OK, but all the shops have about the same as the next, but you can see Indians. And now they have gambling using machines...we don't gamble except for a rafle or something.

OE - Until I set up newsgroups (which are wrong & have to redo) I get nothing listed no matter what I do (collapsed or not). Can you try to add a name to the left (maybe open a HotMail e-mail address temporarily-it's free) to see what step-by-step I need to do. I hate to take my computer in somewhere & have them do it, 'cuz I really need it, since my spouse hasn't worked in over 13 months & no income. Or, do you have any ideas of where I can check this out further elsewhere?

cmpgeek
02-07-2005, 08:11 AM
there is defintely no need to take it into a shop for this... would you consider letting me call you this evening? (or you can call me whichever you prefer)... i just think that is easier than trying to catch each other here... of course... we could use the chat feature here if you rather... that would be good also... just let me know...

thanks

Bambino
02-09-2005, 05:47 PM
My husband is sick so no calls right now, maybe Sat. Is your number listed? I can't talk long as I need to keep my costs down. My number isn't listed as we got lots & lots of calls - soliciting, etc. & we vowed to each other never to give it out again - the number I always use is my computer line (no ring if I'm not on the computer but I do have a computer answering machine for a very short message-free call - it's a free service). And, of course if I'm on it no one can call. Believe it or not I get a least 1-2 soliciting calls per night.

Anyway, I'll check if you've listed your phone number & see if I can catch you at home Sat. AM. thanks

cmpgeek
02-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Happygrandparen - i am assuming you have a second ID? PM me and i will give you my home number... it shouldnt take long at all... and if nothing else, we can meet up on the chat program here or through an instant messenger - whichever you prefer..

i will wait for your PM...

thanks

sfinks
04-18-2005, 03:59 AM
I need help (step-by-step) as I'm a novice. I sure hope this is the correct Outlook area to post this, if not please advise where I need to post it.

I have OE set up, but I need 4 e-mail addresses set up individually on the left where the folders list is. I do not want a sub-folder under what's called main identity. I want a separate identities & under each identity add the sub-folders I want (in-box, trash, sent messages, etc.-which I know how to do)...it's just getting those separate identities set up so I can see what e-mails have messages. (Before I had a 100% windows crash & when I use to have Windows 98se, & when HotMail could be imported, this was fine-now can't use HotMail & I now have Windows XP[ugh] & can't get what I had before).

I am using HotMail right now & am trying to get away from it & use my current ISP (they don't have extra storage avail. for 1 of my e-mails that gets lots of large mail) & they stated for me to use OE.

If you can tell me step-by-step instructions on how to set up one of these identities without it being a sub-folder under main identity I'd be very greatful...reading the self-help is over whelming & I don't understand some of it & not sure if it's what I need or not (not really set up real clear for novices).

Thank you

I believe, that links can help you...

http://www.oemailrecovery.com (http://www.oemailrecovery.com/)/outlook-express-repair.html (http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outlook-express-repair.html) - Repair Outlook Expresshttp://www.oemailrecovery.com/repair-outlook-express.html (http://www.oemailrecovery.com/repair-outlook-express.html) - Outlook express repair http://www.mail-repair.com (http://www.mail-repair.com/) - Repair express outlook