PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet in dialog

ProteanBeing
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
The help files hint at inserting a worksheet into a textbox. Is this possible? If so, how?

ProteanBeing
01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
---

Norie
01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Where do the hint at that?

And what type of textbox are they referring to when they are hinting?

Personally I've never heard of such a thing, the closest thing I can think of would be adding a spreadsheet control.

ProteanBeing
01-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Direct paste from VBA help:

Displays information from a user or from an organized set of data.
Remarks
A TextBox is the control most commonly used to display information entered by a user. Also, it can display a set of data, such as a table, query, worksheet, or a calculation result. If a TextBox is bound (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Common%20Files\Microsoft%20Shared\VBA\VBA 6\1033\fm20.chm::/html/IDH_f3defBound.htm) to a data source (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Common%20Files\Microsoft%20Shared\VBA\VBA 6\1033\fm20.chm::/html/IDH_f3defDataSource.htm), then changing the contents of the TextBox also changes the value of the bound data source.
Formatting applied to any piece of text in a TextBox will affect all text in the control. For example, if you change the font or point size of any character in the control, the change will affect all characters in the control.
The default property for a TextBox is the Value property.
The default event for a TextBox is the Change event.

rory
01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
You can insert a workbook into another workbook as an embedded or linked object if that's what you mean?

rory
01-31-2008, 09:21 AM
You can bind a textbox to a cell on a worksheet, but you can't bind it to multiple cells (wouldn't make sense) and you can't, as far as I know, insert a worksheet into one which, again, would not make a lot of sense to me.