PDA

View Full Version : Resize button control when clicked

whimsical
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello All,
I'm really hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I can't find how to do this anywhere!!
What I am trying to do is create a toolbar effect with a number of control buttons that are placed next to each other (very much like a web page header). The toolbar will be used to help users navigate through tabs in an excel report. These command buttons will be duplicated on a number of sheets. What I am trying to do is have the clicked button resize slightly. The idea is that the resized button (whichever button that might be) will give the user feedback about which tab they are on (it will be bigger and therefore stand out).

Therefor what I am trying to do is work out:
A. What code to use to make the selected button increase size, and,
B. When the button executes the macro to go to another sheet, the corresponding button on the new sheet is also resized.

Edit: I know this code for resizing the control button is wrong but I'm not sure what to add:

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleHeight 1.09, msoFalse, msoScaleFromBottomRight ' resize control button

Call Macro1 'execute additional macro

End Sub

Would really appreciate any advice

Bob Phillips
01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Why not just use a toolbar?

whimsical
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Why not just use a toolbar?

What I'm trying to do is make each tab in the spreadsheet look, and feel (i.e. navigation and page content filtering with buttons and combo box lists), like a web page.