PDA

View Full Version : Link bookmark in different workbook

volabos
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

I have inserted a hyperlink in my current workbook, which I want to link to some other bookmark, placed in different workbook. Can anyone please help me how to do that?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

fumei
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Is this an Excel question, as you refer to workbook? This is the Word forum. Not that it really matters. They are similar.

Insert > Hyperlink

On the InsertHyperlink dialog, find the file with the bookmark (Browse for it, or click Recent Files if it was one..whatever). When you have the file, click the Bookmark button. All bookmarks will be displayed. selected one, and then press OK.

Note that in Excel, bookmarks are really Named ranges. In Word, they are bookmarks.

You should see in the address of the hyperlink something like:

C:\Test\HasBookmark.xls#GoHere

So, say your file is D:\Blah\HumDaLa.doc, you can place a hyperlink with C:\Test\HasBookmark.xls#GoHere. Clicking the hyperlink will open Excel with hasBookmark, and move focus to the Named range identified as GoHere.

The hyperlink can point to a bookmark in a different workbook in the same file, or a different file all together.

volabos
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanx for this reply. However i am getting a error message with a pop-up saying that : "cannot open the specified file". What to do?

:banghead:

Regards,

fumei
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Who knows? Does the file exist? Is your syntax correct?