PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copying non-sortable data into a new location in a new order

cchris_uk
02-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Hi, this is a follow on from a previous request within someone elses thread http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16880

I think it is a seperate issue and therefore requires its own thread.

I have attached a xls file containing just a few lines of sample data and how I would like to present it.

I have a columns of data, that I cannot presort because the sheet is constantly being added to with new raw data imported from CSV text files.

I know the row numbers where the required data is stored.
I want to copy the data from them rows (the column is automatically selected via a lookup(linked thread above) in a specified order.

Currently my attempt using the script on the linked thread copies the data, but ignores the order in which it appears, i.e it copies the data as it finds it whilst scrolling down the column, rather then going straight to the required row, even if this means passing by a piece of data that will be needed later.

I guess I could alter the script to copy one cell at a time without a loop and write the 200 individual copy/paste commands, but there must be a more elegant way?

Chris