PDA

View Full Version : Search Criteria in User form (VBA- Excel)

shahcu
02-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi,

I need help for this user form.

1) When I enter any employee ID and click on ?Search? button it will rest of the field values in the form.

Viz. If I enter ?E001? in Emp ID text box and click on search button it will return all the corresponding values from spreadsheet into form.

Due to certain reason I will not have authority to access MS Access or Simple Data form that we can create using Excel.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Shane

gwkenny
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello, I'd be very happy to help you if you give it a shot first. It's not a hard exercise. You have no code there at the moment.

On a side note, you should not leave the objects (buttons in this case) with Microsoft's default naming scheme. Having CommandButton1 or CommandButton4 is not descriptive of what that button is doing. If you write a large amount of code, it helps to use descriptive names (i.e.: btn_Save).

Good luck!

Bob Phillips
02-08-2008, 03:14 AM
I am seeing so many people from 'India' these days with names like Francis, Lincoln, and Shane.

Are you really in India, or is the forum erroneously defaulting?

shahcu
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Xld,

Thank you so much for your help. However, I have a bit different issue. You have made combo box against Emp ID. My requirement is I would like to add new records using form and as and when required would like to search the existing ones as well.

The funtionality that the current form has, i can search any record using combo box. What if I would like to add a new record using the same data entry form.

Yes, I am presently residing at India.

Thanks and Regards,
Shane

shahcu
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I would also like to mention one more thing. I want one more funtionality that in case if the recordset have more than one occurance of any value then FInd Next option should be there.

Thanks in Advance for any help if you offer.

Regards,
Shane

shahcu
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Someone Pls help me on this...

Regards,
Shane