PDA

View Full Version : how to automate geocoding & maping

charlesa920
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I've been introduced to this program http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/

It allows me to input addresses by street city state on individual lines and it coverts these to Lat/lon and plots them on a Google Map or Google Earth.

This will let me map my customers but I would like to be able to map them by some specific criteria (rate plan, AP connection, Frequency Mhz, connection speet, noise floor, -dbm, and others) which could be available in a multitude of columns.

Perhaps an interface with a drop down list of variouos criteria that would export a .txt file tab delimited. Each address needs to be concanotated into a single cell.

I really don't have a clue and there is a good chance that there are better and easier ways to map out my customers' service address than this...I just don't know of them

Thanks, Charles

Trevor
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
What you can do is view the page source (go to pages> view page source on IE 7 toolbar and get the names of the input box for both the from and to addess and based on your specified conditions have your excel app go to that brouse and input thoses cells with the address information in the appropieat boxes and have it click the map button for you, you might wanna try using MS access or SQL if you want a Database of your clients

charlesa920
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
thanks Trevor,

I did a source view and found the input box.

think you are right. With Access Database I could write various queries and have them output...

first step is to get the .mdb with query
then see how to get it to interact with the geocoding.

Trevor
02-09-2008, 10:08 AM
ok, glad to see I could be of some help, let me know if you need more.