PDA

View Full Version : Need userform to perform search and calculate

Spratt_Cary
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Need userform to perform search and calculate. I have a small bit of it, but not coming together as needed.
I am attaching an example of a spreadsheet/userform that I have been struggling with. The spreadsheet is performing correctly (Sheet1_Summary), but would like to extend functions to the userform (Ctrl F). I am very native with VBA and unsure if this can be done.
Please take a look and see if request (within spreadsheet) can be done.
Thanks in advance for looking and hopefully helping. :dunno

Trevor
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have check out your form, I the userform (ctrl F) will find country IE Words, #'s but have a problem with date string. are you trying to get the user form to find anything in the form or find info by a specific cell? for it to work right now excluding dates you have to enter what you are searchin for exactly as it appear in the field
correction, I call pull dates if i enter them in the correct format of the sheet but when I try to click on the populated listbox I get a can't be Null error what is the purpose of the listbox is it just to show the user what cells contain that information they are searching for, or are they supose to be able to click on it and the appropriate field is selected/highlighted?

Spratt_Cary
02-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks Trevor for looking at the spreadsheet. Actually I would like to get rid of the list box and just use text boxes to pull in the data. Ideally in the userform, you would put in your date range, type in your search with either the country(ex:Belgium) or site(ex:BE001) from Sheet 1056 (column B or C) and click search. This would populate the text cells with the number of screens, randomizations, etc. depending on the specified date range(Sheet 1056 count dates in columns K thru N) . The spreadsheet works as seen on the summary page, but I need more detailed site data and was trying to incorporate a userform to make it more user friendly . I found the existing code on line and just do not know how to change the code from Listbox to textbox and to write formulas within VBA. VBAExpress has helped me before when I was way over my head. Does my explaination make sense? thanks again

Trevor
02-13-2008, 05:14 PM
So what your asking is how to change this listbox on the userform to a combobox "pull down box", to use your own discription?, it looks like everything else is in place to do what you are trying to do though?
Are you on a deadline to get this done? if so let me know I'll try to help you meet it.