PDA

View Full Version : vlookup maybe ?

Croeg
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Hello !

:think: I'm having trouble creating a macro that will compare values in column C of sheets("CALENDAR") to Sheets("LOOKUP") and be able display any matches including duplicates. If possible, I am trying to display those matches in a 3rd sheet named ("CONFLICTS"). I've attached a test sheet to better show whatever I might be missing in my description. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Croeg

Bob Phillips
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM

Croeg
02-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks XLD !!

I know I'm doing something wrong though. I see that it works in your example but when i try to insert the formula into my worksheet it no longer works. :dunno
Also,
I neglected to mention that sometimes the segment numbers on Sheets("LOOKUP") are not always in Column C, can I alter your formula to search the whole sheet or is it already set up that way?

I've tried to pick apart the formula and can understand a little of what is going on, but not totally.

Thanks

Croeg

Bob Phillips
02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
No, it assumes they are in one column. It could be extended for other c olumns, but I would think VBA would be a better route in that circumstance.

Croeg
02-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Excuse my ignorance....but I can't seem to replicate your formula into my sheet. The only thing I notice that is different is your example begins with a { before and after the formula. What does this mean....if anything ?

Thanks

Croeg

Bob Phillips
02-11-2008, 09:30 AM
It is because it is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter.Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do not try to do this manually.

When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

Croeg
02-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the education xld !! Once I knew what I was doing it worked perfectly....:thumb the only trouble I am running into is that it doesn't work when I change the search range to more than one column in Sheets("LOOKUP") and it seems a bit slow responding.

You suggested VBA possibly being a better route....any ideas out there ?

Croeg