PDA

View Full Version : Increase of the EXCEL.EXE memory

mikealarco
02-11-2008, 08:17 AM
During many time I do have a little problem with an Excel Macros program file, and I will do solicite you, If you can help me.

I am sending to you the Excel file.
This have an ADO conection, which takes data from another Excel worksheet, from the same file.
It works well. The file can be located any where in windows.
The problem results when I do run this macro several times, the EXCEL.EXE memory use, tens to go up, I mean, goes higher, it increments. This file does not have a sophisticated macro, and in this case, for every 2 o 3 runs of the macro, the EXCEL.EXE memory use, usely increments 1000KB.

In other application, with this kind of conections, the EXCEL.EXE memory use, have been incremented up to more than 100,000KB. In this cases, what I use to do, is close the Excel application, and then open again the file, and the Excel memory use, starts at normal rate, aprox. 24,000KB.

The problem having an increase of this memory, is that Macros use to go slowly, and that is not good.

I believe that maybe my macro code is incomplete or something must be missing, for making EXCEL.EXE memory use stabilize.

If you know the solution, please be kind to support me.

Thanks,
Miguel Alarco

Jan Karel Pieterse
02-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I suspect the cause of your problem is this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319998