PDA

View Full Version : Help: How to update all imported data in Excel

yurble_vn
02-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi All,

I have an excel file which content 18 imported data block from an other excel file.

My trouble is that when ever I edit the source file, I have to manually update 18 data-blocks.

So:

1.Is there any way to not use imported data but still can have 18 block data copied from one source?
2.If not, is there anyway to update on imported data just in one time.

(the purpose of import data is to have 18 identical data-block copied from one soucre, and that imported data can autofill adherent formula)

thanks in advance.

regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
02-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Why aren't you using direct formulas to the other workbook?

yurble_vn
02-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Let I give an example:

I have a Workbook named MasterCode.xls which contains a list of product and their attirbute. And this list is changed monthly.

And I need to calculate, let say, Sales Volume of Each product in this list in a lot of Shops. So for each Shop, the result is save in a different sheet.

So I have another workbook in which each Sheet calculate the Sale Volume of above mentioned product list. That why I have to import the data from MasteCode.xls into this file, so whenever the product list changed, the list in all Sheets will change, and the adherent formulas will change.

If I dont use import data, I can not duplicate a list product (I mean data) and have the formulas auto filled whenever the list is longer or shorter.

Is there anyway to do that job? Really thanks if someone can help.

thanks