PDA

View Full Version : Saviour-V, reporting in...

SaviourV
02-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Saviour-V teleports in...

Greetings, comrades. I'm Saviour-V, alias A. Rizudin from Malaysia. Excuse the slightly unusual way of stepping in through the door, but I'm kind of used to teleporting into an online forum instead of using the main entrance...^_^;

Skills-wise, I have some VB6 from a few years back, but I've gotten somewhat rusty given that my past few jobs had nothing to do with programming whatsoever. Times have been a bit rough off late, but right now, I'm trying to get myself back into the groove.

Speaking of which, I'm currently trying to design a system of sorts, for use in the organization I'm in right now - an examination transcript maker and database system rolled into one, or something close to it, using Access for the trainee database, and Excel to calculate and analyze the marks for the trainees.

Given that I'm still struggling with this project ever since I started it a few months ago, more with the Excel and VBA aspects than the Access, I've dubbed it the MEERCAT Project for obvious reasons. And as such, I've been searching through the KBase for code samples and clues on constructing the whole thing from scratch.

Being the only person in my department hurts lots....^_^;

Anyway, I think I'll put up a few questions later on, so that I might get closer to finishing it. Hope you guys are a patient lot.

See you guys soon!

Saviour-V grins, and teleports out...

Oorang
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Welcome! I feel your pain on "only person in department". Been that guy for 4 years now :)