PDA

View Full Version : Macro to make sure all text in cell is visible?

clhare
02-19-2008, 04:48 AM
I have a spreadsheet with over 12,000 rows that will not autofit correctly. Most rows appear fine, but there are some rows throughout the spreadsheet that only show one line of text when there is actually 2 or more lines.

I've spent hours looking on the Internet yesterday trying to find a solution and am still stumped. There are no merged cells in this table and "wrap text" is selected in all columns. At one point I thought I might have got all the cells to show text by deselecting wrap text and then selecting it again, but while it corrects most rows, it doesn't correct all of them. I also then entered a new row and found it did not show all text.

Is there a way to set all rows correctly by macro so all text appears in each cell? I need help and I don't have a clue how to fix this problem!

Bob Phillips
02-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Try selecting all of the rows and Format>Row>AutoFit

clhare
02-19-2008, 05:14 AM
I did, and it does not work--there are still rows that only show one line yet contain two or three.

clhare
02-19-2008, 05:57 AM
The only thing I can do that seems to correct the problem is to scroll down all 12,000+ rows, find the ones that are not showing everything, and insert a return after the text in one of the colums. Is that the only thing I can do? It will take forever!!

Bob Phillips
02-19-2008, 08:30 AM
You could try this.

Select the column
Menu data>Text To Columns
Hit the Finish button.

It might clear it.