PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Share custom toolbar in Word 2002

dmkitz
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Please point me to a post or article for code to create a custom toolbar (on the fly) that will be present only when its parent Word file is opened and then go away when it is closed. The toolbar needs to contain three standard commands off the mail merge toolbar. Thanks.

lucas
02-21-2008, 11:30 AM
how about a custom menu?

click here (http://slucas.virtualave.net/Wink/CustomMenuItem.htm) for a flash demo.

dmkitz
02-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I know how to create a custom toolbar. But does the toolbar reside in the file, or in Normal.dot? I created the custom toolbar that I wanted, burned the file to a cd, took the cd to a different computer, opened the file and the custom toolbar is not present.

I know in Excel you can write VBA to create a menu on the fly and then hide it when the file closes. Can you do that in Word? Or should my custom toolbar have made the leap? Thanks.

TonyJollans
02-21-2008, 01:16 PM
But does the toolbar reside in the file, or in Normal.dot?

It resides wherever you put it. When you cretaed it did you specify a CustomizationContext - or if you did through the UI, did you choose where it would be saved or just let it default (to Normal)?

I know in Excel you can write VBA to create a menu on the fly and then hide it when the file closes. Can you do that in Word?

Yes.

dmkitz
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Some things are so simple. :o: Thanks.