PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Poll: Source code library

Croeg
02-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello all !!

I need some guidance from all the wise minds that frequent this forum. I'm a somewhat of a newbie when it comes to vba but I'm trying to pick up as much as I can. My poor little brain has trouble remembering all that I've come accross so I have been filing away snippets of code in many folders.

There's got to be a better way !!! So I've been searching around and found a few source code library programs out there that might be worth while.

Are there any recommendations out there ? Microsoft has a complete source code library program with a price tag of $400....is this worth it ?

Does anyone own this and is it worth the money ?

Thanks !!!

Croeg

matthewspatrick
02-29-2008, 06:16 AM
In a few hours' time, you could probably whip up an Access database that would do an adequate job.

Bob Phillips
02-29-2008, 07:16 AM
You've got to be joking! In a lot of hours you could whip up an Access database that would do a lousy job. A code library is (should be) a lot more than just a repository.

To Croeg, I am sure that you could get a decent product for a lot less than $400. If I find one I will post back.

Brandtrock
02-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know if it is close to what you are wanting, but Johnske has a KB that is a decent beginning code holder. It might be worth a look at least.

Croeg
02-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello all,

Thanks for the responses. I will take a gander at the KB example thanks Brandtrock. I did come accross a few products. One of which I am trying out as freeware for 14 days.

The following is a short description:

Source+ 2000 is the perfect tool for Visual Basic components management and reuse. It offers you the ability to store, organize and retrieve your code components (classes, modules) and visual components (forms, controls, user documents etc.) in and from a multi-database storage system. Using it you will discover that components reuse can work like a charm!

http://www.axtools.com/

stylesheets
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
I use a tool called, hum, Source Code Library!

highdots.com/source-code-library/

I've been using for almost two years now, it's the Rolls-Royce of its category!