PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help?

drums4monty
02-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi

I used to run a macro that was stored in a PERSONAL.xls file and everything was fine, now all of a sudden the PERSONAL.xls file has gone missing along with the macros. Also I now cannot create/record any macros at all. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to why or what I can do about it?

Many thanks

Alan

Simon Lloyd
02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Sounds like the VBA project/properties has been deleted, it usually means using the original disc to repair or re-install, try searching for an .xlb file, this is the base file for excel usually when you open this file it resets things like your toolbar etc........it's a shot in the dark but you never know!

drums4monty
02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for that Simon

On a similar vain, on another PC I run macros and everything was fine until recently, I can run the macro but after 2 or 3 runs Excel closes down then retreives the files again. I run this macro all morning on stock orders that come in to me. Any thoughts?

Simon Lloyd
02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
It sounds like an issue with your memory, its possible that you are running autoback up and tracking changes plus any calculations or tasks excel is performing, it may all be a bit too much!