PDA

View Full Version : My Blog - Student Hacker

Djblois
03-01-2008, 05:07 AM
I have my own blog about being a student and better ways of studying. I just wrote a post that I talked about the great experiences I have had on this site. Here is my blog if anyone wants to check it out:

http://studenthacker.blogspot.com/

Bob Phillips
03-01-2008, 06:50 AM
30 books? That is an awful lot, any good ones?

I have just looked on my shelves and I see about 100 books there, but very few on Excel/VBA. I have database books, SQL, Informtaion Display, OO, Client/Server, XML/XLST, ASP and so on. I amalso awaiting Ken Puls book, I might even read that <g>.

BTW, anyone who thinks China won't overtake the US as the world's leading superpower within the next 20 years is living in cloud cuckoo land. The interesting thing we be to see how the US reacts to it.

Djblois
03-01-2008, 06:58 AM
xld,

There are a lot of problems that they may not be able to face. One of the most important is they have an aging society: in 20 years close to 30 or 40% of there population will be retired. I think India has a better chance of overtakind the US. They have 500,000 people under the age of 18 and still growing. You need a working class population to have a booming economy. That is one of the most important problems that europe has as well but for a different reason. That is my view. THank you for your comments. I will post more about the books later.